Sunday, October 22, 2006

My first class as a Teacher.


Wahh.. today was a huge achievement for me! I conducted my first Sunday School class ALONE! With no help from any other teacher..This is a huge step for me as I have only joined a couple of months ago with the exciting Kidz' Church group at my local church..and I SURVIVED! Among the cries and sorrows of the 4 year olds', wanting to play games all the time, I managed to get through the long yet enjoyable 3 hours! I survived it without nothing to lose and so much more to gain...I got to know the kids even more, which (I hope) will build the foundations of a stronger relationship between myself and the kids and also between them and the greater external source of strength, whom I fondly call God.

Though I'm sitting now in my room and thinking back to the past earlier hours of today, I suffer from the aches of yelling and screaming "Bob! stop running around and come sit down with me..." or "hey! sharing is caring!" (luckily I scraped out of the room with minor injuires like a few texta colourings on my shirt, hahaha)

But all in all, I try not to look to all the hard things that I had endured when I look back now at conducting my first Sunday School class, such as the yelling, the chasing, the angry feelings I had towards the security guard who did not want to open the door for me. I know and believe that it was all worth it.

In hindsight, I experienced an enjoyable, fun, and creative day with my Sunday School Kids. (see the mess they made, which I had to clean up, in the pic)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home