Monday, October 23, 2006

Mandarin Class.


Today, I had another Mandarin lesson. I had to memorise alot of characters, which was very frustrating as the charcters were becoming more and more harder to memorise.

When I was at home, before going to my lesson, I was practising the pronunciation of the characters...I began to realise the great difficulty it is to learn and practice a language as complex as Mandarin. (at least that's what I think) On that trail of thought, it also occured to me that now I know the emotional feelings that incur with the studying of another language. The frustration and the stress of learning a new language that has a whole new set of meanings, rules, and customs that need to be considered, is harder than I first imagined it would be.

In retrospection, of this emotionally tiring experience, I have come to the appreciation of the great value of leaning another language is, espcially in today's society. I have now personally felt the "pains" of learning another language, as I have now come to see that, as English and Indonesian have been a language I have grown up with, Mandarin is a total new ball game for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home