Thursday, May 05, 2011

Make it count!

Last night in my cell group, I shared with my friends about what I had been experiencing these past few weeks – all the challenges and struggles. As I was sharing it the Hoy Spirit explained to me how this was a “furnace” period for me and how during this “challenge” God is only trying to mould me into the design He originally had in mind for me. I believe that through this “furnace” time it only intensified my passion, my desire and my love for my ministry, God’s people and the church. And I believe that was the goal God had in mind for me.

Obviously as you can read from my previous posts, I had been struggling but with this new perspective that I’m in God’s “furnace” for a moulding period then it really encouraged me to keep striving and not letting go and giving up in the “furnace”.

This was really the heart of God’s message for me during this time even more so as I was reading my devotional last night. I was reading Ecclesiastes 11:1-6. It was here God spoke to me about:
-life changes, there will be things happening and I won’t have control and can’t plan it but I need to trust God in it.
-I am blessed to be blessing. What I have in my hand is not mine but it’s God’s so when God asks for it, I should have no reasons to say no.

But above all these things, I learnt most from these verses that today, right now, this moment could be the last time I can do something for God so I must have the most of it.

This last point has really resonated with me for some time now. I feel the Holy Spirit telling me that with my ministry, my work, my family and friend, etc. that I have to do what I can and everything I can for God because there may not be a second chance or another time. I ‘m not sure why God is saying this but I’m sure that my response to it needs to be that of an urgency and seriousness in all that I do and in doing so making sure that all that I do is with purpose and only accounts for significance to God.

My encouragement from this post is: don’t let time pass without making it count towards God’s cause. Keep in mind that in all we do do it with an eternal purpose attached to it. People may not repay you but God’s rewards surpass it all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home