Monday, May 02, 2011

Catch uppppp... Tuesday 19th & Wednesday 20th April 2011

This week I learnt a few things from class, which really spoke to the heart of my situation and pressures of this week, which I journalled. They included my Public Speaking class where we were learning about managing negative feedback. I learnt here that I needed to sort through my feedback and response to these pressured situations and ask myself whether it is God’s purpose for me to be stressed. And realising that it is not God’s purpose for me to be stressed and because of that He will give me the strength to overcome it. This also encouraged me as I was reminded of Duncan Corby’s preaching at last week’s Chapel about balance in work.

I also found that this week when I struggle with ministry, I probably shouldn’t say ‘struggle’ but more of ‘challenged’ by my ministry as many people rely on me to get things done. And being the “perfectionist” that I am I always do the best but end up finding myself in “knots” because I can’t keep up. But God is great! In this week’s Old Testament class we learnt about Moses and his leadership and why he didn’t enter the Promised Land. This really got to me because at my current situation where so many people require my attention (hence informally positioning myself as a leader) and it seems people around me want so much from me, it is important to keep in line and focussed on God’s instructions. Because I don’t want to end up like Moses where because of his response (not instructed by God) of hitting the rock instead of speaking to it costed him the Promised Land. I really don’t want these “challenges” to pressure me into doing what is not instructed by God.

Let's not look at our "struggles" through the perspective of "struggle" (even though it is) but let's look at it as a "challenge". Because challenges inspire us to move forward and to do better and to be better the next time round.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home