Monday, May 02, 2011

Catch uppppp... Sunday 1st May 2011

I was doing my devotional and was encouraged by the message: "Not knowing it all". It talks about being still and enjoying God's presence all the time. What stuck to me the most about this message was how we unknowingly revert to works to 'earn' God's favour. We actually miss out on what the Lord is trying to teach us - that He wants us to be still and enjoy being in His presence regardless of what we're going through. The Father of all creation yearns for relationship with us and enjoys being with us.

This message taught me a few things:
- 'earn' God's favour -> there is nothing for me to add. He wants to give it to me and in that there lies my significance (relate to Birthday message) and in knowing that my significance is from God it eliminates any fear in me and all I need to do is be still in His presence all the time.
- yearns for a relationship -> lately as I've been experiencing an emotional journey that God is teaching me about how He wants me to depend on Him always through a relationship!

And finally, at the Youth Service last night I was challenged by this thought:
So what will be the last thing I do before I meet Christ? Will I be caught outworking God's purpose for my life or will I be simply doing something else worth far less than God's purpose?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home