Thursday, November 02, 2006

Quiet Please.

Heated feeling down my throat. Deep breathes were inhibited by a sharp sensation down my throat. Is there something stuck in my throat? Had I eaten something that has now gone down the wrong way?

These are the feelings I had and still am expereincing from last week. So I decided to go to see the doctor to check it out. The doctor checked it out, after a long agaonising 1 and 1/2 hours in the waiting area, luckily I brought with me a book, "The Murdoch Archipelago", so I didn't get bored. Anyways, the doctor concluded that I had receieved a virus, that is not threatening, where my throat is beginning to swell up from not drinking enough fluids blah blah blah... He recommended me to drink plenty of fluids, watch my diet (not that I'm fat), and take vitamin C.

As I left the medical center, and began my journey back home, I was thinking why is this happening to me? Could it really be that I'm not drinking enough fluids? Because as far as I know I drink plenty of water. But then it occured to me, I realised that this may be a sign that I might have to take my life a little bit slower. Take a step back. Not so fast paced. Don't try to get everything done in a small amount of time.

I have learnt through this experience that you may get side tracked in life, follow what other people are doing, walk or even run faster than you can bear, worry about the little things in life that are not even of worth to worry about, and not realise that it may be causing something destructve inside you. It may even be stopping you from what you really trying to achieve. Instead of being productive, you are being counter-productive by leading your life in this manner.

Lesson: Take it slow. Life doesn't stop because you are taking smaller steps or because you are walking in life and not running. When you run through life, you may run past and miss all the great wonders of life, family, friends, and nature. Think about that becuase I sure am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home