Sunday, May 02, 2010

Open your eyes mannnn....!!!

Just came home from an amazingly and electrifying church service!! We had an awesome speaker - Pastor Indri Gautama who really got me to see what God sees about visions and dreams and the future.

I really learnt alot from her teachings. I learnt alot about visions and about how they come about into our lives and how they are fulfilled.

I know that at the moment my focus is to sit down and to dwell in His words and seek His instructions. I know that at the moment I need to diligently seek Him so I know what I need to do next in particular about the school we're building in Jakarta.

I know that He has made me feel 'restless' and uncomfortable these past few weeks (as written in my previous post) because He wants me to just sit and read His words and find out what's "my next installment."

I was at work yesterday and towards the end of my shift I was sitting and just reading Jentzeen Franklin's book. I felt peace and calm and I knew that that was my place. I knew in my heart and in my spirit and mind that this 'restlessness' was only going to be calmed by filling my time and mind with His words and revelations.

So this weekend has been just that! At today's service I knew God was going to do something great with this school in Jakarta. I knew that it wasn't by my might but only by His will that great things are going to happen. So I'm going to hold onto that and run with it.

As I sat there in the service tonight I just really really asked Him to give me instructions, give me a 'picture' of what He wants from this school and what He wants to do with it. And this is what I got from Him:
-involve your Sunday School kids. Encourage and teach them about humanity and to give to others. Teach them to make things that can be useful for the school kids in Jakarta. Teach them compassion. Perhaps go into pen pals-write letters of encouragement to each other. Be creative in this area.
-involve particular friends who are already in Jakarta who maybe interested in this.
-bring exposure about disadvantaged kids from Jakarta to Sydney. Start laying the foundations of a relationship between these two countries and starting walking out the call God has over my life. (Refer to last year's January 2009 prophesies)
-involve your closest friends in this project.
-make videos of the kids in Jakarta, what their life is like and how we here in Sydney can be an impact.
-make a website. Use the things I've learnt and put it into bringing this vision and project to life.
-involve the teenagers at my local church and cell group mates to get involved in fundraising for money for the kids back in Jakarta. What we think is 'small' value here is worth quite more in Indonesia.

But most of all I learnt to open up my eyes and see the bigger picture! And Pastor Indri was encouraging us to let our minds be the platform of imagination where we let God draw in it what He wants through His word-the Bible.

I know that this is going to be tough but I believe in it so much that I'm not willing to let it go. You may ask 'so Steph what is it you're actually doing?' Well I'm co-investing in building a kindergarten school in one of the most poorest places in Jakarta. The school will cater education to the most poor of kids. This school will teach the kids not just exclusive Christianity principles but how to grow in Kindgom values and be an impact where ever you are no matter what your status is. I want the kids to learn that they are loved and they can love. That they are born to be a somebody. That they can be the change they want to see in this world.

And I know that in the days to come as I press more and more unto Him, He will make this vision more clearer and more sharper. And I'm excited!!!

SO guys, open up your eyes and start seeing the bigger picture. Know that you too are able to do anything when you just strip away your unbelief, let Him speak and receive it and run with it in the winddddddd....wwwwwhhhhhooooossshhh.....

2 Comments:

At 8:44 PM, Blogger Ebz said...

I was blessed with the sermons as well. I think it's time for us to be a 'do-er' generation of His words. The generation of thinker has already passed. Time to do some action and get some actions!!!!

 
At 2:54 PM, Blogger tephiee said...

So true!! Let's catch the Word and run with it!! =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home