Thursday, June 16, 2011

Approachable God.

I was just sharing to my tutorial class just yesterday about how the vision God gave me at my first College Chapel experience. The vision of me walking towards God's light and knowing that that light is God Himself. It was an incredible sight but above all that the significance was that though God seemed distant, afar, and what seemed "unreachable" in that vision, the Holy Spirit just reminded me to keep walking towards that light, for it is God Himself. He wants me to draw near to Him. 

And this was again reflected in my devotion tonight. I was reading 1 Timothy 6:11-16, where is describes God living in unapproachable light. Now that description caught my attention. Unapproachable light. I repeated that a few times over in my head. Unapproachable light. He lives in unapproachable light. But He is the approachable God. so what I learnt from these Scriptures is that God is in "unapproachable light" in the sense that He is holy, pure, blameless, spotless. Nothing and no one can distain His purity but at the same time He is an approachable God through His Son Jesus. My impurity, imprefection, coloured life has been made a heart and life that is now approachable for God.

And this really made sense for me when I look back and think about my first College Chapel vision. That even though God was light and seemed like He was unapproachable He is actually approachable through His Son and with the help of the Holy Spirit. But most importantly, God was us to approach Him.

So reflect today, have you embraced our approachable God? He is waiting patiently for us to come. Come, come, come my sons and daughters.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home