Thursday, June 07, 2007

Work Hard for Your Dreams!

Okay, so I had work for the past 2 days at Mr Balloons. I'm trying to save up my money for either a holiday or a new computer. Still undecided.

While I was working, through the tough and tiring days, one thing occured to me and that was work hard for your dreams! Right now i have a break from my studies for half a year until I start my 2nd year of uni and so I have been working. During my time at work, I realised that I have to really work hard in uni and make something of myself otherwise I would end up doing what I am doing now - working in a job that I don't really like in terms of long term.

I mean its okay for getting some money but really I don't want to spend the rest of my life working at a balloons store. Inflating etc. so I have come to the conclusion that nothing in this world comes easy. You have to work really hard for it and prove that you are worth it.

Which brings me more closer to my aspirations. More determination in pushing forward with what I want in life. Sticking out through things and situations that are difficult. These things I think have helped me over these few days to clearly set in my mind what I want and how to go about it.

I really have a desire to break my family tradition of working as blue-collar workers. I have grown up in an atmosphere where things come to me through the hard way and for me its time to make a change and make a difference. And I really hope and will work best to my abilities, I guess, to make this happen for me.

So I realise now that all things happen for a purpose. This time that I have now, the break, I guess is a trial for me to really gather all my motivations before I start 2nd year and start slugging it out again because I do know that when things get really tough I start to lose sight of my goals and dreams. But if I have enough motivation and support I believe I am able and can pull through. I hope.

This also reminds me of the time I went to see my HS teachers, recently. I visited them just to say hi and I ended up having an insightful converstaion with my Economics teacher. He told me that you should really work hard and work in an industry/job where your actually happy and excited to come into everyday and especially every Monday. It's pointless to work for a job and be stuck in it when you are now happy and feel that work has become a burden.

To me, that conversation made me realise what I wanted in my life. Whether working in the media industry will make me happy?! And as I run pass my days, running closer and closer to my dream, I realise that working in the communications industry is part of it. To meet people and make connections is also part of it. And everyday I learn something new that will "solidify" the purpose of my dream or my aspirations.

I hope that everyone around me gets the chance to experience these things too, because at the end it will only make you are stronger person who has a clear mind of what they want in life, despite the darkness and ambiguity and uncertainty of the world, there is hope and there is light in your dream.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home