Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Balloons Galore!

Aahh..woke up early this morning beause I was called in for work at Mr Balloons. They received a massive job from Microsoft for their Christmas Party at Luna Park. The theme was prom night, hence the colour selection of pastel baby blue and pastel baby pink. They wanted use to make a garland to decorate the ballroom. A garland looks like this:This particular job required 3000 balloons, 10 Mr Balloons staff, and alot of strength. We started to work on this from around 8.30 am and finished at about 12.30 pm, which was pretty good as we made too many balloons and had to sliently pop them so that our boss didn't hear.

It was great fun! Except the part when it got to about the 2nd and 3rd hour when everyone was tired and just wanted to get it over and done with. This was Mr Balloons 2nd time making a garland. The first time was in 2004. The creation of a garland requires quad's of 2 pink and 2 blue and twist them onto a fishing line. Its that simple. The only hard part was inflating the balloons as tying them into a knot. That was really hard and tiring.

Inspite of the hard work, the end product is fabulous, don't you think?



Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 9:27 AM, Blogger Peter Podcast said...

Wonderful Blogging.
You express yourself very well and realise that your life is a story with as much relevance as the next.
I think you will always blog?
Enjoy your break!

 
At 9:19 AM, Blogger tephiee said...

Funnily enough, I enjoy blogging. At first I was a bit afraid of opening myself up on the net for everyone to see, read and comment. But now I feel like I have to check my blog everyday and post something new. I guess its become a vehicle where I can express things without verbally doing so. And its fun!

I think I may end up continuing blogging after the end of this semester. I think that there is always something new that I want to express and blogging is a great way of doing it. hehe...

I hope you enjoy your holidays aswell. And have a joyful New Year!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home