Sunday, December 10, 2006

A Long And Winding Day!

I had to teach earlier this morning. I didn;t know what to expect as this was my first time teaching the Seniors, agaed between 7 - 11 year old kids. I woke up earlier so I could prepare myself for the day ahead. Feeling tired and wiped out, having to work the day before from 9 am to 6 pm, I still had to continue. So, I got to church late and my Sunday School Leader was already there waiting for me. Fortunatly, she understood my situation in regards to me being late and she excused me. However, I had a feeling that this was just the beginning of a very long and hard working day.
I really had no expectations when teaching the older class. I only had a blurry idea that they kids will ask many questions, they would want to play lots of games and the very distracting thing is that they have very short attention spands. This was something i really didn't look forward to. However, I believe that if I was called to do this work then I knew that I had the ability to do it. So, the teaching began and I suprisingly found it very enjoyable! The kids were really interested in what I was teaching them that they just had soooo many questions.

Today, I taught them about the Rescuer and being Rescued. The basic lesson was: one can be rescued in terms of spirituality and not doing anything, and the other was the rescuer where one has been rescued and continues to rescue others. Suprisingly they all loved this Bible lesson. I gave them simple examples that easily related to their everyday lives. One of the kids even said to me "Sister, I really like today's lesson. If I bring my friend to church I hope they can listen to this Bible lesson." At first, I receieved this as a great compliment to my teachings but then I realised that all this work was not me but God who worked in me.

Here, I learnt that even at times of great doubt and insecurities, just believe that if you are placed in a position, it is because you are very capable of doing and succeeding in that area. I have discovered that that area is my teachings. I pray and hope that everytime I do teach, it is not me but a greater being in me. Today, I have made my decision that I am and will be a rescuer. I know that from here on in I can only get better and go higher.




After teaching, I had to go on a shoot site with my fellow class mates. It was really hot and all I could think about was going home to sleep. However, I knew that there were things for me to do like this shoot. We began to shoot near our class building and ended at a fellow class mate's apartment in the city.
The events that constructed the in-betweens were eventful, highs and lows, excitement and downturns. The overall shooting was really great. I really enjoyed the experience of being on site, on shoots to see the actually creations of mini films. I learnt great skills of camera movements and how the set environment can affect the camera shots. But the most insightful experience I gained from shooting films was the interactions of people. Between the director and the actors, the camera person and the crews. I believe that the lesson that the lecturer wanted us to learn was open communication. All "wires" had to be opened so that people could understand what need to be done and actually do it accordingly.

I was real tired by the end of the day that it was ended by first ever alcoholic drinks game. The film production was over and we played a game which involved cards, alcohol and I think a full stomach (which unfortunately I didn't have) Though I throughly enjoyed the game, I really enjoyed the value of friends. The events of a day will be only a closed chapter in one's life but it is the friends and relations that you make that build you to become the person you are detined to be. It is the relationships that you make that either construct or destruct your future plans.

I went to sleep with visions of an unstable world (due to the empty stomach and alcoholic drinks?) and woke up to know that just maybe today will be a better day...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home