Monday, July 16, 2007

Let Go of Your Insecurities!

A few weeks ago I went to a church service where I kind of thought I knew what was going to happen.. like I mean the usual stuff.. singing and praying and reading the Bible.. But what was different this time was as I was praying, God had spoken to me about letting go of all my insecurities...

A couple of months ago I talked to the advertising director of an Indonesian tabloid magazine about a job placement. He said to just drop by his office and we would talk about it..

Now about 3 months later, I haven't stepped into his office or contacted him.. This is what I mean about insecurities.. I feel that at times that I'm not worth it, I don't have the abilties/capabilties to do a great job... and without realising I'm making boundries and limitations upon my life and my future...

It questions the authority of God in my life and unconsciously this thing eats up in me to the point that it "stunts" my growth spiritually, emotionally, financially etc. And at this church service I was awakened by the notion that there is more to me than these insecurities that have tangled me for so long... I mean God's hand have guided me to unimaginable things such as being School Captain and being a representative for my fellow friends... and I just realise that that is only part of my future.. a future that is insecurity free... it has been given to me yet I still hold back... hold back for what? that I don't even know...

My perspective: let it go.. its like smoking, cigarettes are unhealthy for your life so let it go... quit! same goes with all other things that are known to "delay", "stunt", "distract" your growth in terms of character, future, education, health and every other aspect in your life that you know is negative and bad... just let it go because once that cigarette butt is crushed you get to see life in a much clearer light...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home