Saturday, July 21, 2007

Restoration! Where do you find yours?

I have been recenlty tied up at work... I haven't had much time to do anything... and felt tired and bored alot! Its like time passes by so quickly yet its like I don't see what I have done with my time.

Last night I went to a church service.. it has been the first time in many months that I went to church on a Friday night.. and let me to you, it was a challenge! I got home from work at about 5.30pm and church started at 7pm in the city.. there was a moment when I just wanted to stay at home, rest and watch some tv.. plus Big Brother Friday Night Live games were on! But I knew that I needed to go last night.. not just for the sake of it but for my spirit that I guess has died in these past few months..

So I went! I was late but still made it. I didn't know what to expect last night but I just knew that if I spent some time in the presence of the Lord that I would be refreshed and empowered. We had praise and worship. In the worship, just before the sharing, the speaker said to take a moment to just sit and rest in the presence of the Lord. Let go off all the events of the week, all your tiredness etc. Just focus on Him. I did. I just sat there in worship, surrendering all, and just facing Him.

Without realising, I was slowly restored. All my fears were swept, all my tears were dried, all my sorrows were replaced with joy, and all my weaknesses had been changed into strength. I felt revived!

This is when I realised that all the money of this world cannot provide me with the peace and serenity that I find in Christ. Its not work that restores my strength. Its not my family or friends that brings peace in my heart. Its not my money that can dry up the tears that I shed. Its only in the presence of the Lord that I am whole. That I am me.

Its such a reare thing to be able to come to that resolution. I think that people go to the ends of the earth to find such peace, joy, and happiness. Yet what's surprising is that all that can be found in one person and one person only. And that's Christ. I may sound too religious or whatever, but I take this blog as a vehicle where I can express my feelings and thoughts freely. And right now this is what I am feeling and experiencing.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I sincerely hope that people do get the chance to find the peace, joy and serenity that they do seek, without harm to themselves or their families. Whether you find that peace and serenity in ways that are unknown, unethical or whatever, I do hope you do find it because I know where I find mine. And I'm keeping it and I'm never giving it up!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home