Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Testing, Testing, 1, 2, 3... 1, 2, 3...

So, I went to a wedding about 2 weeks ago... It was my mum's cousin's wedding at the Stamford Hotel in Double Bay... We had the ceremony in the courtyard and the reception in the ballroom...

I was asked to be the translator at the ceremony and the MC for the reception... Oh, what an experience that was...!!

I enjoyed myself most of the time but the thing that made that day memorable was the experience I had...

I have done speeches in the past... I've spoken to large crowds in shopping malls, a school assemblies and even met with politicians but this wedding was a totally different ball game for me..

Mind you, I was prepared (well, as prepared as I could ever be) but of course, you can't be 100% prepared for these things... but I learnt alot from the things that I didn't prepare... I learnt to be more confident yet be relaxed at the same time... have fun but also be mindful of your responsibilites... and a whole lot more...

Throughout the day, I was on the verge of total breakdown... like I felt like the pressure was on... pressure that was not necessarily brought on by the groom and bride but pressure from myself to push myself to be better and better...

It was total chaos in my mind.. Conflicting viewpoints that raged in my mind... And in the midst of total catastrophe in my mind... the raging fire of confusion in my mind was doused with encouragement from my friends and the spirit of not giving up...

At this point, I knew that I was given this responsibility not just as a coincidence but as a lesson for me... but at that moment I didn't really get the lesson... All I thought was 'man, what did you get yourself into?' Until, I was reasoned with the notion that I am able to do this.. I am created to do this... I can do this...

It a lesson for me to expand and exercise my potential.. and experience what may lay ahead of me in life...

So, what I learnt was that you may be placed in situations where it may be difficult but it is during those times where you really are exposed and have to step up... and you may realise that when you do step up, you find comfort and settled grounding there...

So have a go.. step up... you never know unless you try...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home