Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Who are you afraid of?

MYSELF! I have recently haunted by this question to the extent that the answer disturbs me. I mean people have fears but I have recently discovered that I fear myself. I fear what I potentially can be and what I am right now. I'm afraid of pursuing my potentials. I'm afraid of what I can do. I'm afraid of basically everything about me.

People ask me about what I'm doing in my time off uni and I say to them that I'm "looking" for work experience. The word "looking" means that I am DOING. I am out there. But in reality, I'm not. I'm at home. This poses my above title 'who are you afraid of?'

Simple! As I said, MYSELF.

I guess I'm afraid of rejection. *wow! big deal?! who cares!*

I'm afraid of change. *change which I know in my heart will be good for me*

I'm afraid of putting people out. *I don't like making trouble for people* (hahaha, sounds cliche)

Most of all I'm afraid of becoming the person I am "destined" to be and become something that I cannot associate with.

In my last point there, what I mean is that I know that I change and grow to become the person who I am supposed to be but I'm afraid that that person is someone I don't recognise.

I guess, I'm walking through a process of discovering myself, my limits, my dreams, and aspirations. I'm travelling on the boat through the winds and waves of doubt, despair, uncertainty, reality, and honesty. All in the quest to wheather out the hardships and be the person I am genuinely "destined" to be. To keep ironing through all the creases in this dress of mine to become the best looking, adaptable, dependable dress on the rack...

After all, it is all about working through the tough times to become the best you can be!

2 Comments:

At 9:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is always a time in our lives where we become afraid..in many different ways..but i PRAY that in your ministry, you wont hold back..you take the limit off yourself..when you were at kids church on sunday..and i was at the service..pastor michel was telling us God's message for our church..a lighthouse to nations..but we gotta take the limit off ourselves and surrender in terms of ministry..as for other things like your job, uni, etc..we all have fears about it because we're human..but always remember..whatever it is you're going to end up doing..He'll take you through it just as He brought you to it. Amen. xoxo

 
At 5:25 PM, Blogger tephiee said...

aww.. thank you for your encouragement and faith in me! I really appreciate it! =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home