Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Taken for Granted!

Late last week my mum came up to me and told me she had a dream. I didn't really pay much attention until she described to me what her dream was.

She said that in her dream a voice revealed to her that she was going to die in 3 days! *whoa!* I was shocked! I didn't believe it of course. But in my family we believe that dreams are a way of revealing certain things to us. We take dreams seriously as they are a means of communication between God and us. So with this, I was so buggered!

I started to cry and my mum comforted me by saying that it may not be true... Because recently a church friend of ours had died at a young age and my mum had been thinking about her alot... so she may have brought that lady to her sleep. But still dreams like these are not be taken lightly...

At night my mother, my sister, and I prayed... Surrendered everything... and just left it all in the hands of the Lord. My mother, strangely (like giving up hope), prayed that IF she doesn't not make it, she prayed for her future grandchildren... *aww..that made me gush even more!* the sense of unfailing surrender... not knowing but just hoping for the best yet praying for the worst... *tear*

However, I had to pull myself together... so the next day at work I was "terrorised" by this dream... I was quiet and sad all day to the point that my workmates commented on how sad I looked. I was terrified knowing that if it was true that I would only see my mum until the following day...

The end result: I was reminded that at night, when we are asleep, unconscious to the beings of the world, that there is a war between our spirit and evil. I know to you this may sound bizarre, but I know what I believe in. And at times before we sleep we do not pray, the darkness enters our minds and disturbs us with such thoughts and dreams...

It is so that it is important to pray before you sleep.. and to know who you believe and trust in because at the end, that dream was a reminder to me and my family that life is short, don't take things for granted, live life purposefully... do not love your life on earth but love the life that begins after here...

3 Comments:

At 6:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow..i sorta agree about that if you dont pray before you sleep thing..i think it's happened to me too once..but not about my mum..just a bad dream that night..hm anways..keep up the writing..

 
At 8:17 PM, Blogger tephiee said...

man, finally someone is reading and writing me bac.. i was about to give then coz i thought that there was no response..hehe

thank you for the comment! =)

 
At 10:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i remember datt scaryy :S

dis is yhur sister writing dis comment btw =]

 

Post a Comment

<< Home