Monday, November 10, 2008

I no longer write, I just follow...

These past few weeks (well months to be specific) I've learnt that the word 'surrenderance' is not just about me giving my life to Him but rather Him asking me to give EVERYTHING.

For those who don't know me, I'm a person who like to 'control.' Well 'control' in the sense that I like to know how things happen and when things happen. I need details, I need specific details.

But lately I've learnt through His messages for me through sermons, Pastors' messages for me and Him speaking to me directly about how I need to surrender it all. Surrendering all the details, of how things will come to pass and giving it all to Him.

Another event that has supported this lesson God is teaching me is through the promotion in my ministry. One of the ministries that I do (Sunday School) has been a passion of mine. And yesterday one of the leaders had called my friend and I to meet her. Basically, what she said was 'I want to promote you guys..'

I know that the old Stephanie would be making excuses:'no, I can't. I don't have time. I'm not equipped. I'm not smart enough.' But I'm learning that He is saying that it's not about the HOW things will happen but rather the 'WILLINGNESS' of me to do it anyways.

I'm taking this promotion as a sign from Him that He wants to do greater things and that I have no right to say no! Besides you will never know how high you will soar in life unless you "jump."

So don't be the writer of your life anymore. Let Him write your story and you just relax, read the story and enjoy the journey ahead.

4 Comments:

At 8:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulation on your promotion! =) (By the way, what kind of promotion?). One level up as you have once more proven trustworthy in front of Him. Romans 8:31
GLu!

 
At 12:32 AM, Blogger tephiee said...

Thank you. =)

Well the promotion is effective beginning from next year.

Btw, who are you 'anonymous?'
*curious* =)

 
At 10:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Someone who is blessed by God's anointing inside you thru ur writing. =)

 
At 3:20 PM, Blogger tephiee said...

Hehe.. okey, if you want to remain 'anonymous' that's fine. =)

I appreciate your comments and encouragement!

I just hope I don't "ignore" or be blinded if I do see you around... hahaha..=P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home