Saturday, July 18, 2009

What are you made of?

I was listening to my Pastor preach last night about 'experience'. As part of a series of teachings titled: 'The High Calling of God' my Pastor shared about what is 'experience' and how 'experience' is related to God's calling.

He shared:
- experience is developed and comes out of challenges God will make upon the building stone of our consecration
- bad experience is when our wants are not fulfilled or aligned with His but there is no such thing as 'bad experience' because it is written in the Bible that God works for the greater good of His children
- experience is a tool used by God to bring us to greater heights. So if we ask for more of His blessings, we are asking for problems (experience)
- experience is progressive. The bigger the annointing and plan, the bigger problem
- Jesus experienced times in the wilderness. Luke 4: 1-2
- wilderness = experience. If Jesus had to experience, how about us?
- God will never trust His annointing unto someone until they have been "crushed" and no until no more individual agenda is in us
- experience includes the bad ones
- go through the experience even when it hurts or when the situation is not well because at the end of it you will be catapulted into new levels and into the fulfillment of God's plan
- David gained experience in trials. His opposition grew from small to large, from lions and bears to Goliath. Just like our problems, they grow after each victory but defeat is not our destiny, victory is!
- Paul spoke of gaining experience through tribulations. Romans 5: 3-5
- an experience with God is costly but worth it!
- problems and trials train our endurance for the road ahead is long and arduous.

And this sermon somehow struck my heart. It spoke to my Spirit right from the beginning. It was a true reflection of what I was going through at the moment about the 'experience' journey I'm having with God.

I feel He's taking me on a journey where it's full of experiences that are 'pruning' me from all my wants and desires and dreams. Each step that I'm taking is making it more obvious what God has called me to do, which is about ministry and writing and Indonesia.

I was at home the other day and the Holy Spirit reminded me how back in 2004, at the end of year 11 I had a strong feeling in my heart that drew me to Indonesia and its people. I remember telling my high school friends that if I didn't get the DHL Scholarship I would not continue onto university after high school but I would go to Jakarta and work/volunteer at my aunt's church. I remember having such a strong feeling in my heart that drew me to the people of Indonesia and at that time I never really understood what it meant.

Until a few days go. The Holy Spirit reminded me of that feeling back then and God's promise and words for me at the beginning of this year where He said I will be used to bless churches in Indonesia. And after that everything just came back to me. I knew that when God speaks He will reveal its truth in His time. So when He speaks and you don't understand just take it and keep it in your heart and He will make you understand in due time.

So I've learnt that it's experience that makes me who I am. Over every trial and tribulation I understand myself more and His plans are made more clearer after the 'experiences'. So if I was to choose whether to live by the "theory" or by the "experience" I'll choose the "experience." Don't be afraid and go for the ride!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home