Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The words that bring light to my path...



Psalm 105: 15-19

I got these verses during my devotional time last Friday. (I hadn't gotten around to posting about it. Hehehe)

As I was reading the above verses, God revealed to me how what Joseph had experienced is what I am experiencing. Joseph was in the "preparation" stage for 13 years through trial after trial but he made it through the process and was assigned the "right hand man" to the Pharoah.

Here, the words 'shackle' and 'glory' popped up as I was reading the verses. The Spirit taught me that Joseph's pain and process were his shackles but his glory had come when the word of God came to pass in his life.

Here I learnt that when God promises and places visions in your life, you will experience a process/preparation stage. And in this stage we may not understand why we need to go through it or we don't see how it will help us fulfill our calling. But let's learn from Joseph's life. God had spoken into his life, gave him a dream and a vision for the future but he had to pay the price through imprisonment and many other things but in the end God's word came to pass and glory was restored.

I've learnt to be patient in the process and preparation stage. I know that's where I'm at at the moment and I know that slowly but surely everything that God has promised to me, the visions and words will come to pass just as it was for Joseph.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home