Saturday, July 04, 2009

Things are made sense when you think everything is going all wrong...


I've been a little "depressed" lately. I haven't been motivated much to do anything. I've been wasting my days being unproductive and living an unhealthy life both physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually.

I knew I had to get out of this "rut" real quick. And as always God is a God of detail and timing. His time is never too late or too early.

My uncle, who also is a Pastor, is on holidays and is visiting Sydney for an upcoming conference. I've spent the past week with him just talking and sharing and listening to him preach.

It has brought me back to "life." The messages that God is telling me through my uncle's preachings has made me open my eyes and understand why I'm at the stage I am at the moment and why I have to go through these things even if I don't like them.

Through his preachings God has reminded me that He has never left me. And that everything I am going through at the moment God had already foretold me (from Ps. Michel's preaching at KM last year in Mark 4 about crossing to the other side to my vision at the beginning of this year of 'calm before the storm') and so I am "supposed" to be calm and just obey Him but instead I've been made insecure, angry and upset at God and His plan, which has led to the robbery of my joy and peace.

But now as I'm reminded of His great Word, promises and plans for me I am not shaken but I am alive and ready to move onto the next level.

Over the past few days I've learnt through my uncle's preachings that:
- I need to keep God in my focus and not be disappointed because of my situation and reject Him, but rather to embrace Him through the difficult times.
- Whatever the storm we are in God never sleeps.
- If God wills it to happen in my life, I need to open my heart and go through the process for in the end He is still God and is in control of the storm.
- When we are afraid, we are disabled.
- How many miracles and answered prayers does God need to prove to me that He is in control?
- When you trust the Word of God, the Word of God will minister to you.
- Joshua 21:45 -> His promises will be fulfilled!!!
- God's word and promises are not to burden our lives but rather it is for our goodness.


So whatever you're facing at the moment, be still and trust that He is still in control! Though it may not make sense now in His due time it will be made known in the most unexpected and unusual ways.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home