Sunday, May 31, 2009

Learning so much...



I went to church this morning and the sermon was spot on! I mean in terms of what I have been experiencing lately. Each day I feel my steps are being made clear by His hands. He's opening the doors to His plans and closing the doors to my plans. This leaves me with just blind faith, obedient heart and hope for the best.

Today the sermon was about 'why do we need to experience purification?'
1. fear of the Lord
2. don't mess around with His grace
3. character building
4. God's plans to be fulfilled in our lives.

Through this sermon I learnt:
- that my desires are being replaced by His. And He is closing the doors to my desires by making things harder for me. For example: doing journalism was something I wanted to do-particularly tv journalism but I've known that He has planned for something else in my life. But unless He closes the doors I would probably never walk in His plan and do as He says. So I'm appreciative of the closed doors and excited for the doors He is about to open in my life.
- the "hardships" I experience now is a process where I learn that He is bringing me to the next level.
- to have a "servant" heart. To be obedient to my leaders and to do things not for other people but for Him.
- purification = process = heading to the fulfillment of God's plan.

* Sleep with a dream, wake up with reality *


So all in all I know where my place is and it is in His plan. I'm learning not to worry or stress over what people think about me. I'm here to fulfill my calling and it's such an enjoyable journey that I'm just following His script.

1 Comments:

At 5:12 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Steph!

Wow!!!!

It has been a very long time since we have seen each other and I am sooo excited to learn that God has called you to be His :D

I found you blog post encouraging,and I am glad He is working in you in these ways!

Wow again ;)

Karina

 

Post a Comment

<< Home