Thursday, July 01, 2010

When life throws you a curve ball you....???

When my aunt told me about an incident that caused the furniture (tables and chairs) for the school we're building in Jakarta to burn down, I was in shock. I wasn't angry or upset, just curious. I believe the money I had sent to set this school up was no longer my money hence I felt I had no right to feel upset. But I was just curious as to what God has planned. I believe that we have decided to build this school by faith and we will continue to walk in faith until His vision will come to fruition. But this 'hurdle' had come from no where. The people who made the furniture was caught up in an ethnic brawl which caused a fight to break out, which lead to the burning of everything around that town.

Anyways, at church service the next day I just prayed and asked for God's wisdom. And He said:
-you are not defeated.
-the victory is in your hands.
-nothing is impossible for Him.
-He can turn the situation around in Indonesia.
-be faithful and trust in Him.

And most of all my interest in biographies had been made clear that day. I've always had an interest in reading peoples' biographies particularly the early life stage because it highlights how much these people have grown and faced the odds and become who they always knew they could be.

So that day God just revealed to me that my interest in biographies was only to lead to one day writing not my own biography but write His biography. I realised that there is no other biography I would like to write but His. It is/will be more powerful and influential than any other biography. And I learnt that people out there need to read/hear of His biography. So He said 'so let Me use you Steph to write My biography.' And I replied with 'tear away my pride and honour so that Your biography is not tainted by anything of me but only YOU!' And most important of all the Bible is the source and start of His biography and people need this!

So I learnt from this 'curve ball' that for great things to happen, for history to be made, the early stages are always the hardest, where the most sacrifice will be made but it will be great for God's Kingdom.

I learnt that I have to be selfless in order for His miracle/plan to happen in my life. And that this school is/will be a great part of God's will for my life. To bring change in Jakarta, Indonesia so He assured me not to be afraid to face the sacrifice, challenge and obstacles because that is all part of God's biography. Let challenges come to enable growth and become a testament for God's Kingdom on earth.

So I learnt that I should not stop or hinder or blame these challenges on anyone but but let it be part of God's story of victory. For He is in control. So Steph let Me write the story, the script and you just follow it, trust and have faith in Me, says the Lord.

And I say 'Lord, it doesn't matter what happens to me but let YOUR will be done in me!'

So let this journey of self-lessness begin!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home