Thursday, October 21, 2010

He loves to put us to the test… so that our faith and hope is always increasing...

Late last week I had an urge to make a new commitment to God. Given my present situation I felt I had to renew my commitment. So the Holy Spirit guided me to prayer this prayer: Lord, guide and lead me into your path and your direction. Draw me to walk into opportunities and situations where I can fulfill your call and destiny over my life. I don’t want to walk and do my own thing and walk in my own strength for I know that that will only lead to failure. So Lord I pray that you bring me into opportunities that allow me to fulfill your purpose.

And then the Holy Spirit reminded me to also pray for my future partner. That this is not the time for me to involved in any relationship other than a relationship with God and God only.

And I made these commitment prayers will a clean heart and spirit, being fully aware that all I wanted to do was just be alone with God and do His will.

And of course whatever God says He proves right away. Just in this week God has led me into His path where I can walk in His purpose. His purpose in terms of media and television.

And what comforts me even more is that just a few days after I made my commitment, my daily devotional reading was this:-

“For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.” Jeremiah 29:11

And the message was:-
Hopelessness is just an illusion, My beloved Warrior. I am your hope, and your future is in My hands. Just as I parted the Red Sea of hopelessness for Moses and My chosen people, I will part your sea and you will walk in the promises I have for your life. Don’t allow the illusion of the enemy to become reality. Fires will never burn your out; raging waters will not drown your dreams. I am bigger than any challenge you are facing. Now, My Princess Warrior, fight the temptation to give up, and allow Me to walk you into a life filled with indescribable hope for your future!The statements that I highlighted in bold were just statements that really got my attention and spoke a lot to my heart. I truly believe that I am beginning to walk in the promises that God has for my life and I’m not going to let the enemy deter me from what God has promised me!

So my encouragement is, may you too find hope and faith in God alone who will walk with you as you fulfill His promises! Let’s not just walk but run this race!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home