Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Sometimes it's just not about playing it safe!

I woke up this morning with a sudden urge to write children's books.

I know God wants to use me in this area and has prophesied it but I haven't taken any steps in fulfilling it or at least opening myself to situations that will help me pursue this.

I reflected upon this as I was on my way to work. And and as I do I was reading my daily message book. This morning it was about courage. The words I was reading were like fire blazing in my heart. It talked about courage to change, how He had paid the price on the cross for me to have a better life but I am the one who has to make the choice to become all that He has called me to be. It says "nothing will change without your effort and obedience to My Word." And this statement just shook everything within me. As I read it I knew the Holy Spirit was questioning and reminding me: God's Word over your life will not be fulfilled if you do not open yourself to situations or conditions that will allow God's miracle to work in you. You have been so busy trying to 'play it safe' by working 5 days a week, saving money for who knows what and thinking that you got all the bases covered to lead a 'safe life.' But Steph is this really the life God has intended for you? To lead just a 'safe life'? You have to give God something so He can give you everything!

So with this in mind I chose to let go of one of my jobs that will give me two free days in the week to write this children's book.

And I guess what contributed to my 'reignited' fire to write children's books is when my older cousin who is like a brother to me shared his wonder news to me. His news basically confirmed into reality everything that had been prophesised ino His life during our Indonesia trip in July. He is begining to live the reality of it and that caused me to not only be happy but also make me see where I am at with God's Word over my life hence the story above.

And please don't get the wrong impression when I talk about these prophesies. I do not take them for granted but rather I believe and know that they are confirming what I already know to be true for my life.

And as a side note: I have no idea or inspiration as to what the book should look like or what will be in the content. But I am sure that I am a paper and pen and God is my writer! 

  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home