Monday, October 11, 2010

Jump every mountain.

I was at Maroubra Beach having a quiet one alone reading a book. The sun was gorgeous as it just heated my back.

As I was reading a boy ran past me and asked his mum if he could jump off these steps. And mind you these steps were big. And surprisingly the mother encouraged him to jump. All I kept on doing was watch him and think 'what if he hurts himself?' But the mother was totally calm and kept on giving Him positive remarks as he jumped the steps.

I reflected for a moment and came to the realisation that we, being believers, should be like the boy. Who has no worries about hurting Himself in doing what He wanted (within reason) and that the mother was God who knew that we could do it.

Our walk is often like this. God has given a task for us to do but we just say 'no God it's too hard, I'm going to hurt myself, this may cost me alot of money etc' But really in hindsight is it not God who knows us more and knows our capabilities so we can achieve the best?

Just the boy asking his mum 'do you think I can do it?' The mother simply and confidently replies with 'I know you can do it!'

So whatever mountain or obstacle you're facing today be sure to know and be confident in that God knows you can conquer it and be the victor and not the victim!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home