Friday, September 24, 2010

Victory in discomfort

I was reading today’s devotional titled “The Perfect Ending.” It talked about the truth and victory in Jesus’ suffering, death and ultimately, in his resurrection. It said that Jesus’ suffering was his path to glory.

This opened up a whole new understanding for me about Jesus’ sacrifice on the cross. Though his disciples and followers wanted him to stay on earth and continue to share the gospel and good news and evidently not have to die. But because Jesus knew who he was in God, he knew what his purpose was, he knew what God has called him to do and hence he chose to do the will of his Father rather than the desires of what others (his disciples). Even though his disciples mean very well for Jesus to stay on earth and preach the good news and heal the sick etc. But Jesus knew what he had to do and even if that translates to discomfort, pain, suffering, loss, “torture” Jesus decided to do it despite the situation and despite what people said. He knew that the will of his Father as more important than anything else. From here I’ve learnt the importance of Jesus’ obedience. That is something I need to learn and acquire in me in order for me to do the will of God.

This is especially important to me know as I am in a transition period from graduation uni and working casually in retail and in search of full time work. And the search for full time work in the field that God wants me to be in is the difficult part. As I have many interests (children, ministry, media, communication, production) and as my degree allows me a range of career pathways it serves me some difficulty in pin pointing one area of employment. And on top of that I also have my father’s requests for me to continue study (master’s degree).

But through today’s devotional I have come to the understanding that despite my interests and what people might want me to do I must have the courage and confidence to do what God wants me to do just as Jesus did. And in order to find that out I must know who I am in Christ, who Christ is in me and where God wants to take me. And in all three things I must be confident that whatever I go through in life, what I face, what job applications I put in etc. that God is with me! He will never forsake me.

2 Comments:

At 12:54 AM, Anonymous Poppy said...

Steph, just wanna tell u again how much ur stories hv encouraged, challenged, inspired & blessed me. I know u know that God has a BIG plan for u..but I'm going to tell u again anyway: God has a BIG plan for u! It's plain to see. Phil 1:6. Fight da good fight, sister, and end da race well. Bless u.

 
At 3:42 PM, Blogger tephiee said...

Ci Poppy, thank you so much for your kind words of encouragement! I am happy to know that you have been blessed through my stories but even more I'm sure God is happy to see how blogging can bless many people in many ways!

Thank you for your support! It means a lot to me epecially in times like these.

I'm very grateful to have a sister in Christ like you Ci Poppy! GBU too! =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home