Friday, October 08, 2010

God’s Promise in Action.

I was working yesterday in the City. It started off to be a normal day. I got ready, left for work, read my daily message, got to work etc. I did the exact same thing I always do everyday but yesterday there was a difference.

During my shift, to be precise it was during lunch time. I was working with my cousin in the store but around 1.15pm I had left to get some lunch. She was alone in the store. When I had come back I noticed 2 young boys in our shop. Mind you the shop I work at is a high end female retail store and these two boys were not our typical customers. So once I had laid eyes on them I was cautious as my heart said “watch these boys.”

So dressed in sneakers, shorts and caps I was weary for them. I quickly put my wallet and phone in my bag, which is in the backroom and came out into the shop. I heard one of the boys talking to my cousin about purchasing a gift for his mother with $50. And I saw the $50 in his hand. And of course my cousin attended to him, while I was standing behind the desk where the cupboard door to the till had been left opened and my cousin’s phone and handbag with wallet was in hand reach of the boys.

I knew what they were up to. They were interested in stealing. But for some reason I had peace in my heart and knew confidently that we were going to be ok.

As the boy with the boy with the $50 tried to distract my cousin, the other boy was standing very close to the cash register and poking his head around to look for something.

I glued my eyes to him. In the end after several clever attempts by the boys to distract us by asking us so many questions and asking us to get things they knew they couldn’t get anything so they left.

After that thank God nothing had been taken! But 10 minutes later we hear a lady scream out “get him, get him!” And I knew it was those two boys.

It turns out the two boys went upstairs to the newsagency and went into the backroom and stole the staffs’ wallet, phones, iPad, and some cash!

It was then I realised not just how lucky my cousin and I were but also how blessed we were to have God protect us and our belongings!

And to top it off I that morning’s daily reading reminded me to not have fear! That God did not design me to live in fear of anything or anyone but Him. And sure enough that morning I had prayed for God to let fear consume and dictate my life as that is not His wishes for me.

So yesterday’s events just served to remind me a few things:
- how important it is to pray and read and meditate His words
- believe that God will protect His children
- the enemy will not get the better of us if we completely trust Him

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home