Friday, January 28, 2011

Back to school

After my first day of Hillsong College (Enrolments&Orientation) I've learnt 3 things:
1. I have "gold" in me which is Godly instilled. And my time at Hillsong College will help me unravel through the 'dirt' to find my Godly 'gold' to glorify His Kingdom.
2. I am being moulded from a student and into a leader.
3. I will be propelled into my destiny. I just have to be opened to God and opened to where God wants to take me.

I'm excited to begin this journey and to just fully throw myself at what God has planned for my life. But of course as humans do I question sometimes.

Just this morning I woke up with a sudden feeling of anxiousness. I began to question what I will gain from doing this Pastoral course in terms of jobs and finance. Thoughts such as: what sort of work will you do after undertaking this course? Where will it lead you? What is your future like? Will you become a Pastor after that? Will you work for the church? Will the church want you to work with them?

All these questions bombarded my mind. And honestly I felt afraid. Because I've had past experiences of graduating and not pursuing a career in my studied field. What if this time it is the same?

As these thoughts raced through my mind, my heart knew otherwise. My heart and Spirit knew the greater call that God has instilled in me and that God was enought to see me through to the end of the fulfillment of that call. And in the midst of this God just reminded me: have I not provided for you in the past? Have I ever let you down? Have my promises ever failed you before? Trust in me and trust in my provision for you. You may not understand the complete picture of your future right now but I have spoken to you directly that I have a purpose for you. A purpose that is great, a purpose that will see you through the fulfillment of My call in your life.

With that I settled in my mind that I am not going to live by the lies of the devil. I am going to believe in my God and in His promises to me. It will be a tough and challenging road ahead but that too means it'll be an exciting road ahead because I have no other expectation other than to expect my hope and trust in the Lord will bring provision and the fulfillment of His promises to me.

So I encourage you today in the midst of your insecurity, doubt and questioning to fully rely on Him because He has never failed us. Trust in His unfailing record/reputation of fulfilled promises!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home