Monday, January 24, 2011

Is beginning to understand...

... why she writes, writes and writes during her Pastor's sermons.

Last week my ministry leader asked me to help her compile the Kidz Church curriculum. The assigned lesson theme is Eagle as this is what our Senior Pastor is teaching in our regular church service. I was happy to help in any way I could. But in saying so I had my reservations about my ability to compile a curriculum. I don't have any knowledge or understanding as to how to construct a curriculum. And I did make this known to my leader but she somehow trusted me with this. She said that all I had to do was read through our Pastor's teaching materials and summarise what we can teach to the children about Eagles.

Of course it sounds simple but again I let my mind get in the way and started to doubt myself. I have an obvious problem when it comes to doing things I THINK I can't do but other people trust that I can!

So anyways, I was reading through my Pastor's notes and the Holy Spirit just put this in my heart: I have prepared you for this Steph. All this time you sit and take notes during your Pastor's weekly sermons. This is it. You sit, consume, and write for the kids. You are an 'instrument' in 'digesting' the Word and relaying it out for the kids.

When the Holy Spirit told me this I began to understand why I am so eager to write when my Pastor preaches. And when I write I seem to be "out of control" in the sense I know that I cannot simply write what I have written if it had not been through the leading of the Holy Spirit.

And the Holy Spirit just reminded me of Pastor Joel Osteen's testimony of how he used to just edit video recordings of his father's Sunday preachings week on and week out, consuming his father's preaching not ever realising or even consider that one day he could be a preacher himself. Pastor Joel Osteen shared about how God will prepare His children for the greater call through anything and everything.

And so with that I now know why I do what I do and why I do it! I'm very excited!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home