Monday, November 15, 2010

Going back to school?

Sunday 14th Nov 2010

I spoke to my dad about going to school again. He's first reaction was 'good.' And I knew he would say that because he's been wanting me to go do Masters etc. But when I told him about Bible college, he just went silent. I asked him what he thought he said exactly what he told me when I had finished high school, which was 'I only want you to do what you feel is right. If you say that God is asking you to do it then I can't stop you. But I can only guide you and suggest to you that you should do something that will set you up financially. So you won't live in need. I don't want you to ever live in need.' And after recornfirming with him about my plans to study again my dad didn't 'stop' me but rather warn me to be sure that this is what I should do. He is just worried about my future, which I totally understand. He's main concern is my finance. But as I sat there listening to him, I also knew that I needed to listen to my Father in heaven. And my Father in Heaven just reassured me that when I obey Him He will surely take care of every detail in my life including my finance. And in this present time I'm holding onto that word. I'm not discounting what my dad is saying but I know my God and I know that He will take care of me!

And so this conversation just made me realise two things:
1. That my parents will always love and support my every decision, especially when it is Godly annointed
2. To walk in obedience with Christ means knowing full well what He had planned for us. If we know full well which way He wants us to walk into then every door (parental approval) shall open for you. And in this walk in full confidence that God is with you along the way.

And so I sit here in full assurance that my parents support me and I'm thankful only to God Himself! For He has planted His desire in my heart and in my parents' hearts. Now it's just time to speak to my leaders. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home