Monday, January 31, 2011

A thanksgiving heart

I had been frustrated at work today. Just a couple of issues that really got me upset about my job. Nothing too serious! 

I was talking to my mum hoping to get all the 'stress' out of me but instead I was turned from the inside out.

After my talk with my mum, I was looking through photos of people I had met during my time in Jkt last July. They were mostly people from my Aunty's church.

I began to remember the times I had shared with them, the experiences I had, the lessons I had learnt and promised myself to never repeat and complain about when I got back to Sydney.

And funnily enough here I was complaining and being frustrated over my work. Work that I should really be appreciative for because having learnt such invaluable lessons from my new found friends in Jkt, from my Aunty's church, the school-I realised that compared to them, I have so much more to be grateful for. Grateful for my God, for my family, my job, my opportunities. 

But most of all it reminded me of my promise to God while I was in Jkt. My promise not to complain about my circumstance but to thankful and move forward.

I've learnt that my time in Jkt was spent wisely to allow me to grow and mature as a daughter of God who knows the heart of her Father and what He wills for her.

So my encouragement today is to be thankful always in every situation. No matter how much you feel you deserve to complain, keep your mouth shut and praise God! He has prepared you to get through the season of struggle and frustration with victory at hand!!! Want to be a winner? Be thankful always!!! 

2 Comments:

At 7:08 AM, Blogger Mia said...

love this bit: "No matter how much you feel you deserve to complain, keep your mouth shut and praise God!" =)

 
At 6:08 PM, Blogger tephiee said...

That's important because we often think that because we are God's creation, we are the 'apple' of His eyes, which are all true. But that all tempts us to think that we can order God around, we think that we have the right to complain when things don't go our way. But hey really when we step back a little and see the bigger picture that God is our creator and because we are the 'apple' of His eyes, it's not about us but about Him. It's a shift in perspective. =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home