Thursday, November 30, 2006

Christmas Extravaganza!

My aunt has her own small business of natural skin care products that she makes herself from elements take from nature. She holds events called "Extravaganza" to invite people to gather and enjoy something similiar to that of a coctail party. At these Extravaganzas she displays her products for retail and also raises awareness of a rehabilitation centre known as "Mercy Ministries", where it is a centre for young women who have been sexual abused, been on drugs, have eating disorders, and who have been pregnant at an early age.



Through the selling of her products she gives a certain percentage of her sale income to Mercy Ministries for charity. And last night was the Christmas Extravaganza! It was a house party with about 40 people. The list of events included: an opera singer, who sung 3 Christmas songs (they were spectacular, very touching and moving), there was also finger foods, sharing, and just mingling time.

The thing that striked me most about that night was the sharing from the guest speaker. She is a mother, a wife, a youth pastor and an artist. She talked about herself and revealed that she, at a younger age was shy and quiet. She caught my attention. She continued about how people never knew who she was, or even remembered her name because she was so quiet. She talked about one time when she was in year 2 and she drew a picture of a dinosaur and her teacher gave her a great comment and posted it on the wall and said "you are good drawer, you are going to be an artist one day" to her this she didn't believe could happen to her.



Now, she speaks looking back, after years in art school, and working in the field as a graphic designer, she believes in what her teacher told her. The point I'm trying to make is that this is exactly what happened to me. When I was in HS, as you already know, I was (still am?) shy and quiet but one of my teachers believed in me and believed that I could be School Captain. I didn't believe it at first but now that I look back it has become part of my reality.

The point is: there may have been people in your live who have believed in you and knew that you could be the best you could be. The thing is to trust that and believe in the unknown because it has happened to me. The thing that is to be remembered is to trust and believe in the seeds that have been planted in your live, by others, as in the future you will see and reap the rewards.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home