Sunday, November 26, 2006

I Love My Kids!

I was teaching Sunday School today. I had the juniors, they included kids from 4 - 6 years of age. It was alot of work! I was having trouble getting and keeping their attention. They all just wanted to play games. I wasn't really in the mood because I had so many other things that I needed to do, such as the essay that was due the following day that I had not yet finished. I was really wiped out. But I remembered that I wasn't doing this for myself, or the church, or for anyone but I was doing this for my God. It was then that I reaslied, among the great trials in front of me (the kids), I realised that I should not be whining about the hardships of teaching and serving because it is not for me but for a greater being.

It was at that moment that I was given that revelation as one of my kids said to me "Sister, you know my little sister hasn't cried yet in this class" and I was thinking and asked her "what do you mean by crying?" she replied "my sister usually cries about this time in Sunday School because she doesn't like the teacher and the activites that we were doing" she continued to say "I think my sister likes you!"

From that moment on, I knew to stop whining about my circumstances and to just push forward with what I have. I also learnt that God works in great wonders. Through one of my kids, He gave me strength and showed me His love, simply through one of His kids.

I have learnt and know now that behind every great obstacle is an even greater reward because I have personally experienced it. You should try it sometime! =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home