Sunday, November 16, 2008

Kidddddddddssssssssss..............

I'M NOT COMPLAINING! Just relaying my feelings. I've learnt alot about kids, nuturing, discipline, teaching etc. in these past 2 days.

Don't get me wrong, I love kids but after 2 days with them, this whole 'children' thing has been put into perspective. REAL PERSPECTIVE!

Yesterday I was taking care of 8 boys and 1 girl for 4 hours with one other teacher. At first it was going good and I liked it until an argument broke out about a game and inappropriate language was shared between the children.

At times like this is when you realise how precious your words are and how to be very mindful of them.

My instant reaction was to reprimand the child and let his parents know. And I did.

And the issue was resolved. But the rest of the afternoon, I found myself in a very "sticky" situation. I mean all this time I thought and acted as though 'everything is fine. I can handle it' kind of thing but after yesterday I realised how hard it is to be a parent. There are of course moments when I love them to bits but then there are times when you turn a blind eye to their wrong doing just for the sake of 'oh, they're so cute!'

And today we had an early Christmas Celebration. I was exhausted. I spent almost the whole at church. I was shouting, yelling and screaming to get the childrens' attention during games. It's funny now that I think about it. I go to youth and say tomyself I can't yell about God's grace in my life but when in Sunday School I can yell and even scream to get the childrens' attention.

I know this shouldn't be funny yet it's more of a wake call of how I should react and behave in certain situations.

But after all this, I've learnt:
- children are very delicate
- be mindful of what you say
- treat others the way you want to be treated
- discipline children with love, not with hateful words
- there is so much to learn from child rearing
- you can only do your best.

This experience has taught me to love both the good and the bad of every child. They can only be as good as you can show them to be. =)

6 Comments:

At 10:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praise God that you have received this kind of experience before getting promoted. I guess it is just one of the way that you being sharpen, so you will be ready, sharper and stronger in the future.

 
At 3:10 PM, Blogger tephiee said...

Yep! You learn from experiences rather than textbook knowledge. I'm appreciative of it.

So I guess I'm supposed to be ready for future now..hahaha

Btw, who is this? Thank you for the comment. *Just wondering* =)

 
At 5:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So.. ready to become a mom? hahahha....

J Oscar S

 
At 10:35 PM, Blogger tephiee said...

A MOM? No wayyyy!! hahaha..

There is so much to learn, as I said. hehe..

Time is in His hands so I'll leave it to Him. =)

 
At 12:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahahaha
steph as mom.. kinda cool
:)

susa ya punya anak, mala ada ayat, kepada yg aku sayang, aku hajar hahaha

not so working though, it depends

 
At 11:54 AM, Blogger tephiee said...

hahaha.. sounds like something my dad would say..hahaa.. BUT he would say it because he loves us.hahaha

 

Post a Comment

<< Home