Thursday, April 23, 2009

Oprah and BIG

I was watching Oprah just now and it suddenly reminded me of BIG.

BIG is a campus ministry I got involved in around June/July last year. I initially started becoming involved in BIG because I was on holidays and thought I'd help out with a film project BIG was making.

But after watching Oprah today I realised how amazing God is when He pieces things in my life together.

So the story is last year I was watching an episode of Oprah. It was one of her "giveaway" shows. Her staff was working around the clock in puting this production together. I was touched because Oprah had given away presents to the less fortunate. It made a difference in their lives.

I remember watching that and saying to myself: 'I want to work in a production team. I want to be involved in something like Oprah and bring change to peoples lives.'

AND surprisingly (and of course through God) later that week I got myself involved in BIG's movie production: 'Under the Same Sky.'

I attened regular meetings each week, got involved by getting contacts etc. My role there wasn't that "big." But I worked with what I was assigned to and did the best of my ability. I always took it "light" in the sense that my role was not as big or important as any other but still it was something.

Being in the BIG movie production may not account to something as "big" as working on the Oprah Show but you ahve to start small somewhere right?

And I believe that 'Under the Same Sky' will be a great impact because of the awesome people behind the scences and also the Mighty Power that has and will continue to make the movie and BIG an even bigger success!

And now 9 months later I realise why I had to be there. Why I had to be involved in this movie project, how watching Oprah and wishing to be part of a production team had come true, and how I've made contacts out of it that will be with me throughout my journey.

I realise now that NOTHING ever happens without a reason or purpose.

I may have started working with BIG with an "unclear" vision but now as I step out of it I realise that it was all to show me that whatever I do wish/hope/dream of can happen in a weird/warped kind of way. A way that you may not like or have never thought of before but when you go through it and finish it, you realise how going through it has helped you define your destiny.

I know now that BIG will go down in my history as a stepping stone and a definitive mark that will shape my future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home