Sunday, February 07, 2010

I still love you...

I've been having an off day today. It started off with my running late to church and I was rostered to teach today. The day didn't start well. And as the hours went by I felt sick. Kept on sneezing and my nose was constant blocked. A headache was on it's way. I was sweating. I could feel a fever coming on. All I wanted to do was sleep.

During this time the kids had to practice a song they will be singing for Valentine's Day. And there was 1 particular child who did not want to co-operate. He was being quite difficult. I approaches several times throughout the practice without much luck until he finally answered me with "why do I have to listen to you? You're not my mum. You're not the boss of me!!" And that's when I almost cried. (Here's evidence of my 'cry baby' side). But I didn't cry!! But I was hurt! And I paused for a moment as the child looked me in the eyes with a regretful look on hia face. And all I could say was "I know I am not your mother or boss but as long as you're in Kidz Church you must listen and obey all the teachers." And he kept quite. Since that moment he tried to do everything he could to redeem himself. He helped pack the chairs up etc.

The lesson I want to share here is that we often go on about our days without realising that we are "hurting" God by doing "small" undesired and unpleasant things to Him. And because of His everlasting love He reprimands and disciplines us with love. And it is only because of His love for us that He does that.

Just like that boy and I today. I reprimanded him only because I love him and want to see him grow in the correct way. So if God is disciplining you today, if He is "tightening" the belt around your waist remember that He is only doing that because He loves you.

So just behave kids!! =P

1 Comments:

At 5:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes if the truth be known, in some moments I can say that I jibe consent to with you, but you may be in the light of other options.
to the article there is quiet a definitely as you did in the downgrade issue of this request www.google.com/ie?as_q=eset nod 32 antivirus 3.0.566.0 ?
I noticed the utter you have in the offing not used. Or you partake of the dreary methods of development of the resource. I possess a week and do necheg

 

Post a Comment

<< Home