Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Reap and you will sow...

I've been learning a lot lately about giving and receiving. I truly believe in the saying "you reap what you sow." Sometimes you don't fully understand it until you go through it yourself and so this is my own personal story of 'reap what you sow.'

A few months ago (for Christmas) I gave 2x financial offerings to two different Pastors. I was just moved to give them something and without giving it a second thought I "sowed." And a little over 1 month I received a phone call from my college. They asked me to come in and speak to the press about my experiences during my time in college. I agreed to do it since I always try to help out wherever I can because I did enjoy my time in college. And before I hanged up the phone the lady said that I would get paid for coming in. And guess what?! It was the exact amount of money I had "sowed" by giving to the Pastors! I was sooo amazed by God's grace and provision over my life. Not even for a second I thought I would be gaining anything back by giving to these Pastors but truly it was proof to me that the saying 'reap what you sow' is true and to this day it's no longer just a saying but a reality in my life.

So happy sowing people!!! You never know how much or in what way you will reap! It will surprise you! =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home