Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Transformed.

The other week I was reading an article in the SMH titled 'Lives transformed in shadow of death.' It was an article about two drug smugglers and about how their lives have changed since they've been in jail.

As I was reading it it made me feel sad and I felt sympathy for them. The article made me feel as though these people have truly changed. It's strange how something as bad as being in jail can change someone so dramatically. It made me hope and believe that they have made a difference by being in jail. And then a sudden thought came through my mind: we're they doing all this "good" just to get a lenient penalty? That was my logic and media analysis mind questioning but through faith and belief I thought everyone gets a second chance, even if you're a prisoner. I realised there and then that we too are sinners and we are no different to them. The difference is He paid the price for our sins and are now set free. So who are we to judge them any other way. Think about that...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home