Wednesday, February 03, 2010

It maybe small but it may mean a whole lot for someone else...

I woke up last Sunday and after praying I thought 'hmm... what am I going to buy today?!' I usually buy something new every week from something as small as accessories or as big as shoes or clothes. It's pretty bad since I'm supposed to be saving but I just feel like I need to 'treat' myself after a hard week's of work.

But that morning as I was thinking of what to buy, God interrupted my thoughts and gave me this thought: instead of buying something for yourself (where it will never be enough) why don't you give the money to someone in Indo? But I thought who? And God reminded me of 4 of my aunty's house helpers in Indo. So that day I told my mum to send some money to them, the money I was going to use to buy something.

The lesson I learnt here was:
-learn to give and not just receive
-use your money effectively

Your gift may seem small to you but it may mean a whole lot to someone else. Think about that and begin to be receptive!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home