Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Can't run away...

Sunday 8th November 2009 was the day I spoke to my Pastor about what God has been telling me.

Before then I went to the church service where there was an alter call. The alter call was for 2 groups of people, one of which was for people who feel they have been called into the ministry of the church and it's time to respond to that calling. Once the Pastor had said that my heart just jumped and it screamed "that's me!" And I immediately raised my hand for prayer. After that prayer I knew that God's call upon my life was strong. And I knew that that I needed to respond quickly.

So then my local church Pastor called all the people who had raised their hands to come to the front for further specific prayers. And without a 2nd thought I walked to the front. I didn't thikn about other people or what they might think of me. All I knew was that I was drawn to God more stronger than ever. And my heart knew that I needed sort things out with God in terms of my calling.

So when I was at the front and waiting to be prayed, I just let my spirit free to talk, to surrender and to let God speak and do to me as He wants.

As I stood there I remember being in tears and trembling. My legs were shaking and I thought I was about to fall because the feeling was so strong. Then my Pastor prayed for me. God just said: 'preach, teach and heal the sick' and as those words came out of my Pastor's mouth I felt sick. I felt like I was going to throw up because it was like as if someone had punched my stomach. The words/message brought truth and to some extent my spirit knew it and so it was "ready" but what made me sick was that my "flesh" had not fully "comprehended" the "seriousness" of God's call upon my life regarding preaching and teaching etc.

And lately I have realised that teaching is my calling and with what God had said this Sunday just confirmed it all for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home