Monday, November 02, 2009

Talk the walk Steph!



Yesterday I had a Bible Study (SOM III) exam. I've progressed unto level 3 of my studies and it was time for me to preach, share, bring the word to an audience. (Whatever you'd like to call it.)

We had 3 assessors who were also our teachers during the semester. I guess to some extent I was comfortable sharing in front of them since I've known them for quite some time through church. But despite being comfortable and at ease the feeling of nervousness as you're about to share does not fade away. Despite having done many speeches or presentations we all still feel nervous when presenting.

So anyways I had prepared my sharing from a week ago. So I felt I was ready to present. I shared about 'rubber band'/stretching (my story in my previous posts but with Biblical supportation).

At yesterday's persentation I was the last one to go and present. It was late afternoon, we had all been in the classroom for almost 3 hours, we were all tired (well at least I was). I was ready to wrap up the day and go home.

So I went up and did my presentation. Aware of the time, late afternoon and other obligations we all had, I cut out one of my verses that I was going to use as a point. It was my own doing because I wanted to condense what I had written.

Anyways, I got through the presentation really well. I mean I didn't choke up! Hehehe...

It was time for feedback. And I love receiving feedback. I'm always looking for input and suggestions as to how I can improbe and be better next time. It's not to say I'm a "oush over" and will do whatever people say because I do have my own groundings but I'm learning to have the attitude of 'self improvement.' There's no harm in that and of course everyone wants to learn and be better!

So I was looking forward to the feedback. Especially since I've learnt to love sharing and to some extent preaching. And also because I was going to get feedback from more experienced people.

So the feedback I got included:
-really great, was blessed, well structured, double thumbs up
-clear, good body language and eye contact, great message, good use of illustration and Biblical examples. We've watched you progress from level 1 where you did the paper exam up until now where you present to an audience, you've improved and grown maturely. [You seem different.] You're always looking for ways to be better and you want to learn, so it's great. Only thing to improve would be to shorten the sharing title and fluctuate the voice.
-great message, no problem with the content. Only improvement would be to always use Biblical verses as main point and own experience as sub point. Remember to always bring everything abck to the Word of God because that's what you're sharing about. A little less motivational and little more Biblical focused.

It was all such a great experience for me! I accpeted and loved the feedback because now I know where I need to improve. I leanrt that if I had gotten all positive feedback then it would casue to me be proud of myself. But God is good! He is always keeping me humble!

So I'm looking forward to the one-on-one consultations with the Bible Study (SOM III) teachers and my church Pastors. I'm looking forward to stepping further into the fulfillment of His calling upon my life!

I'm appreciative that God has used the people around me such as my Bible Study teachers and my Pastors to help me find my way in finding and completing my purpose in life. Thank you.

2 Comments:

At 10:39 PM, Blogger Mia said...

mo liat, mo denger... emang mustinya direkam... hehehe....
proud of u tephie! ;)

 
At 9:05 PM, Blogger tephiee said...

Hehehe... Well I kind of summarised it in my blog posts.. Hehehe...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home