Monday, November 02, 2009

Father

As I walked into the church service yesterday morning I bumped into my Pastor and shook his hands. As I greeted him the Holy Spirit spoke the word 'father' to my heart. I didn't know what it meant. I mean I know that my Pastor is my spiritual father but other than that it didn't make any sense. (I also felt a spiritual, compassionate connection to Him) But I just brushed it off and went into the service.

After the praise & worship came the preaching. And when I saw my Pastor again the Holy Spirit spoke the word 'Father' again. And I repeated the same answer 'Yes he is my spiritual father. So what?' I said 'I have a paternal father.' And what does your paternal father do for you? I said 'Well he helps me alot when I need him. He will do anything for me even if he doesn't have to. Like taking me places and picking me up like he's my personal driver. I mean my dad is a taxi driver by occupation but I don't necessarily have to make him pick me up and drop me to places. But he stil does it for me anyways because I am his daughter and he loves me.'

Just like our Father in Heaven. If our paternal father would drop everything and do anything for us how much more will our Father in Heaven do for us? That's what the Holy Spirit reminded me. I have to keep in being thankful for what I have.

Moving onto the sermon and about my Pastor. As I sat there listening to Him my compassion grew stronger towards him. Like there was something driving me towards him. It was weird. What was even more weird was I was note taking (as usual in every servie for my personal use) I felt like I wasn't writing. It felt like everything my Pastor was sharing was somehow "being spit out into my notebook" through my writing. I can't explain it, so it may sound jumbled to you now.

I just felt the strong urge to write it all down and as I did it I asked God what it meant. And He answered: you need to have a chat with your Pastor. Tell him about the compassionate feeling you have. It's a compassionate feeling that I've given you so you can feel for others. Tell him about your note taking.'

So I've come to the conclusion that:
-I have to have a chat with my Pastor
-Ask God more about this 'compassionate' feeling I have for others in need
-What does He want me to do with it?

And sure enough just as the peraching ended my Pastor was in tears because of God's revelation for him. And as I was there I asked God 'is this what yo're showing? Are you showing me this to tell me that I need to speak with him?'

I seriously don't know what it means. Even right now as I write this in this blog, it doesn't make any sense at all. I don't understand. All I know is that I may ahve to speak to my Pastor.

Lord, help me understand all of this. Lead me to direction you want me to take.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home