Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Deathly doubts vs. flourishing dreams

After Orientation and Enrolments into Hillsong College, after the “pump” factor had subsided and the reality of what it means to be in ministry, the reality of what I’m doing began to sink in, I began to feel scared and started to doubt. Not doubting God’s call or who God is but doubting my future. And beginning to question how my decision to go into ministry will support my future.

But at my Friday night church service my Pastor read out this verse in Hebrew 10:36 which read: You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised.
That verse resonated within me. It spoke to the heart of my concern, the heart of my doubting. God said specifically that I need to keep at it and keep moving further into His plan and will because when I’m doing His will I am receiving and fully experiencing all His promises to me.

One of these promises is to travel. God knows deep down in my heart that traveling is one of my greatest desires. (And He has specifically spoken to me and through specific messages from Pastors that I will travel.) But (human side of me) I thought that by going into ministry and fulfilling God’s call over my life is in turn stopping me from traveling. And I got scared of that. I got scared. I’m scared of losing my dream as I am pursuing God’s will. But this verse is reminding me and us that when we pursue God’s will we don’t lose our dreams but rather it is God’s call over our lives that will take us into fulfilling all our dreams and beyond. So think about that the next time you doubt God’s will and your dreams.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home