Thursday, February 17, 2011

Walk in their shoes Steph.

This morning I went to my first official Sisterhood Gathering. And part of my College experience I am on the Pampering team. It's great!! Our job is to paint nails, give massages and hair style women just before the Sisterhood service starts. Now that is all the "exterior" elements but the interior elements is equally important if not more.

It's awesome because it's a time to get to know these women, encourage them, inspire them, place value on them and just help them see that they are loved and valued. And this stems only from love, honesty and relationships.

I feel that I'm really learning so much from being on this team. I'm learning to love and appreciate people more. I'm learning to be a great listener. And in doing so I'm walking out God's ministry. And I'm loving it! I've found that being on this team and doing what I'm doing I'm doing what Jesus wants me to do-to serve, to love, to appreciate and to listen to people. 

I pray that God just extends more of Himself in me, extends more of His character and heart in me as I continue this College journey. Awesome!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home