Friday, November 21, 2008

Time to make it happen...

So I'm on break now until Feb next year and I'm looking for work experience. I want to try and do something in TV but the limited number of TV stations in Sydney is making it hard. Also they only accept those who are in their final year.

So I was talking to my mum the other day. (As usual she IS REALLY my walking talking journal, haha..) I told her what if I went to Indo for the break? She initially rejected the idea. She said that I should try here in Australia first. So I did, I have an application to fill out for an internship in Sydney and I called a tv station and they only recruit final year students.

So I was a little down about it. I wasn't really in a good that day until I went to KM (prayer meeting) where my friends were talking about their experiences in looking for work. It was tough. What I had gone through was nothing compared to them. I had only gone through it for a few days and they had been going through it for months.

So I wrestled with myself and concluded that in His time I will get something.

The next morning, my mum called me and told me that I should call up my aunt (a Pastor's wife) in Jakarta who has a familial relationship with the owner of one of the major TV stations in Indonesia. My mum said that your aunt might be able to get you work experience there.

But I said to mum: 'you didn't want me to do work experience overseas? What changed your mind?' She said if this is what you want, you need to pursue it. We (mum and dad) will support you.

And that's when I realised how much my parents have supported me through all my endevours, no matter how costly or strange, they always supported me. And I will always be grateful to them.

So yesterday I called my aunt and she was open to the idea. She said that she will introduce me to the owner and get the ball rolling. YAY! I'm soooo excited!

I mean even if they make me to crap stuff at least I'm IN the industry and tasting what's like.

I spoke with another aunt last night (ANOTHER Pastor's wife) and told her about my plan. She was just as excited as I was. But I told her my concern of saving up the money first. But she said to me if you have the vision, the means will be provided by Him. But if your vision is not clear then of course your means will not be sufficient or fall through. She advised me to just pray upon it, do it and He will make the rest happen.

So at the moment I'm in 'prayer mode' and I put my faith and hope that it will all come to pass not by my will but by His will in my life.

I think its time for me to chase down my dreams. Starting today. Wish me luck people!!! =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home