Monday, December 15, 2008

Trust His timing and be patient.

Okey, so these past few days I've been encouraged and comfroted by the messages of Joel Osteen in his book 'Starting Your Best Life Now - A Guide for New Adventures and SDtages on Your Journey.' Basically it's full of simple messages that we often over look in our lives because we're too busy to notice. It's definitely something I would recommend you to read.

Lately the messages I've been reading were about 'Trusting God's Timing', 'Is God like an ATM Machine to You?' and 'Be Patient.'

In 'Trust God's Timing' I learnt that God works even to the second. He doesn't work just in years, months, days, hours or minutes. BUT God works even to the SECOND in our lives!!! This made me realise that there is no such things as coincidence or fate but rather it is Him at work in me. I should not live in fear for He has set out my life even to the second! So guys, don't worry about the time. Focus and be comforted that He works even to the seond. So His time is always perfect! I'm learning aswell that His hand is never too early or too late. But right on time!

In 'Is God like an ATM Machine to You?' I learnt that there is always a time for everything. There is His appointed time to reveal things, to set us free from our bondages and for our dreams to come to pass. Sometimse we misunderstand His timing and become frustrated when things don't happen according to our timeline. And this has been happening to me. I get upset when things don't go accordingly but I'm learning that God is not an ATM machine where I punch in my prayer request and I am immediately given the result/answer. I've learnt here that God is at work even when I can't see it with my natural eyes. It says in Habakkuk 2:3 "For the vision is yet for an appointed time; but at the end it will speak, and it will not lie. Though it tarries, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry." So in this message I got that God often works the most when we see it and feel it the least. (J. Osteen)
In 'Be Patient' I learnt that there is a season for 'it.' God has revealed some things to me and I believe that in His season and time He will make it all come to pass. In this message Osteen used the illustration of David as a young man who had a big dream for his life but He also knew God's timing. And so I want to be like David and wait patiently until all these promieses and dreams I have recieved from God will come to pass.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home