Sunday, August 09, 2009

Everyday is an education.

Okey so on a lighter note because I've been writing about "depressing" things so this post will definitely be more "lighter." Hehehe... Trust me! =)

So my local church is going to be celebrating it's 13th Birthday in 2 weeks time and my mum and aunt is cooking the lunch for about 400 people. This week is going to be hectic and it all started this weekend!

I went over to my aunt's place yesterday to help out and surprisingly my dad got involved! He was like 'is there anything I can do to make it quicker so we can go home?' and with that my mum sent him to work in the kitchen! Starting off with some chopping and then some blendering.



We were all working in the kitchen and were standing so close to each other. I told my aunt 'hey we're in a big kitchen but why are we all squashed together' Apparently it's like her old family home where everyone works in the one kitchen catering to hundreds of people.



The point of this post was to show that Australia does not have the laziest husbands because my dad cleans, washes and now helps with cooking! Hahahaa...

But the most important lesson I learnt was that I've lived and been with my dad for all my 21 years of life (thus far) and I still am learning so many different things about him. He's been the man he is for 50 odd years and I thought that I knew everything about him but it turns out I'm still learning and getting to know who my father is, what makes him tick etc.

And the same goes with our Father up above. He is unseen and untouchable - how well do you know Him? It takes time, effort, quality relationship to get to know our paternal father how much more time, effort and "intimacy" do we need to get to know our Father in heaven?

So don't waste anytime...just as you spend quality time learning about your father on earth don't forget to take the time to spend quality time to learn about Him...

2 Comments:

At 9:51 PM, Blogger Mia said...

love it...
gitu dong tephie cheer up! ;)

iya, let's learn so much more about Him! =)

 
At 6:45 PM, Blogger tephiee said...

Ci Mia! Thank youuu!! hehehe... Yeah there is no need to fill my life with depressing things but be hopeful and joyful! =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home