Thursday, August 06, 2009

To make your life much more easier, just O B E Y !

I was reading through my notes that I always write down as I listen to the weekly sermons. Today I was reading one that dated back to the 1st May 2009 by my local church Pastor. He was preaching about full and total obedience and it had put into spiritual context everything I've been experiencing these past few weeks. I knew it was very God-ly driven.

My notes read: -
Facts about obedience:
a) each miracle is linked to an act of obedience.
-there is a set of instructions that need to be followed in order for a miracle to happen.
-Numbers 9:23 -> proof that you are a believer
-> by the command of the Lord! (not by your situation or feelings)
-> through the authorities in your life. (e.g Moses)
This has taught me that every miracle I hope for comes with a set of instructions that I need to follow and obey. No matter what my situation or feeling is at the moment I need to choose to obey for it is His command.

b) your assignment/purpose, calling/destiny will contain a list of instructions from God.
-after you know the instructions regarding the fulfillment of your destiny you need to be obedient in times of process.
-don’t take matter into your own hands.
-trust that He will fulfill the calling in your life.
-it will be difficult but be obedient in your process!
This has taught me to be patient in my process even when I don’t “see” anything happening yet. I have to learn to surrender it all to Him and let Him do the rest.

But when I surrender everything into Him it doesn’t mean that I’m left alone and He is gone off to “make things happen.” No, but rather He has given me the Holy Spirit who acts on His “behalf.” For example the Abraham, Eleazar, Isaac and Rebecca story.
Abraham: wants to find a daughter-in-law so he sent
Eleazar: who represents the Holy Spirit to go find
Isaac: Abraham’s son a wife who is
Rebecca: the daughter-in-law.
Here, Abraham had his preferences as to what kind of daughter-in-law he was looking for but laid them into the hands of Eleazar. I have my own preferences, wants, dreams and desires but I must lay them down into the hands of the Holy Spirit.

Psalm 139:16 -> your days have been written; He knows the every detail of your life so don’t fear! Once you surrender into Him don’t be afraid because He has already planned everything in your life, you’ll be fine! (I know it’s easier said than done.)

Ephesians 2:10 -> we are called to do the good work but remember not to be too picky! I’m learning to surrender and let Him guide me into the work industry He wants me to be. I’m learning not be “choosy” and just do it!

Romans 14:12 -> everything you do will be accounted by God. So don’t waste away your life and make sure that everything you do counts in the eyes of God. (This is really a strike to my heart.)

Psalm 16:11 -> when you obey God it maybe hard but you will have everlasting joy.

Ephesians 5:17 -> find the will of God. It will make your life much more easier.

Your total obedience will determine whether or not you live in your destiny. So don’t take light heartedly when He asks you to obey.

You will never receive an instruction from the Holy Spirit that contradicts His words:
Psalm 119: 71 – “It was good for me to be afflicted so that I may learn your decrees”
John 14:26 – the Holy Spirit will constantly remind us of His promises to us.

d) God will permit adversity to enable us to learn His laws.
-pain is sometimes necessary for us to understand the importance of obedience.
-Psalm 105: 16-23 -> the strength of a hero is born through pain.
-problems shape us to be obedient to God -> Revayah begins with struggles.

e) God offers reward as incentives for obedience -> Deutronomy 28:2

f) Obedience is the only proof that you truly trust Him.

So the point is choose to obey Him! You’ll realize that it’s harder to disobey than to obey Him. Don’t pick a fight with Him by disobeying because we know that that will just prolong our time of process (Israelites in the desert for 40 years.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home