Saturday, October 24, 2009

Wear those heels, girl!


I started a new casual job (Saturdays only) today at a retail store. I was offered this job some time ago but I hesitated because I wasn't confident with myself in serving the retail store's target market and also because I had other things going on on Saturdays.

But today I made it to work. And as I sat there thinking about my "purpose" in this job. 'Why is God putting in this place? Why is God putting me in a situation where I feel most vulnerable? Why is God putting me in situations where I feel "uncomfortable"?' And why do I feel these things you may ask? I guess my only explanation is: I'm afraid of letting go of my comforts and stepping up in confidence and stepping closer to the fulfillment of His calling in me.

In this job I'm learning to grow in confidence. Confidence in myself (that I can do things when I put myself out there), confidence in my communication skills, confidence in being comfortable in the "skin" and "design" God has already moulded me to be yet I haven't fully "developed" into it yet. And most of all I think I'm put in this job to be more sensitive to His Word and to be a blessing to the people I meet! Who knows as much as they are blessed by my customer service, I too will be blessed!

And as a side bonus: I'm learning how to maximise my make-up skills, fashion look and my skills in walking in heels.

Whatever You're preparing me for and where ever You're preparing to take me through this job, I am in total surrenderance, Lord!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home