Sunday, September 13, 2009

Suffer because I'm afraid...

We had Kidz Church this morning and it was AWESOME! I certainly enjoyed myself even though I'm suffering from the side effects of it now - shortness of breath, strained throat, aches in my body and tiredness. Nevertheless when you serve with your whole heart and with all your passion no amount of "weight" will pull you down the next time around.

Anyways, what I wanted to share was about my sudden fear with microphones has caused me a great deal of trouble. So if you've been reading from my older older older posts you would have known that I was elected high school captain. Along with this role is to speak in public. And given that I'm a "reserved" person I had a fear and that was the microphone. I remember as a kid all I wanted was to be "invisible" and not just in the childish sense but also as I grew up I tried to do things that didn't bring attention to me. My primary school teachers would forget my name because I was so quiet and to me that wasn't an offense but rather a strange "compliment" because it showed I wasn't bringing attention to myself.

But anyways back to today, so I was supposed to use the microphone to speak and give instructions to the kids regarding the games. My leader also advised me to use the mic but I preferred not too. I said that I'll be fine using my natural voice. (At the time I thought I would be okey but now I'm definitely not sure about that!) So as stubborn as I am I went through it without a mic and as I reflect upon it (as I always do) on my way home I asked God why I was so reluctant to use the mic? What was it that "frightened" me of microphones? And I heard His voice reminding me of the person I used to be, the shy, reserved, quiet, "invisible" girl and the woman God is moulding me to be which is a strong, mighty woman of God.

And I understand now that life has its stages. There comes a time in each and everyone of our lives where we are reminded of who or what we used to be but then we are also directed to see who we are called to be and the ultimate decision is in our hands. Whether we choose to live in the comforts of our weaknesses or do we step out in the discomforting process of fulfilling our calling.

My suggestion here is don't be fooled and live in your comfortable confines and suffer because you are afraid but be courageous and be bold for you lose nothing when you let go of your weaknesses!

2 Comments:

At 11:02 PM, Anonymous Yumi said...

Amen teph :) u r such an insightful person! n jus wanna encourage u that i see a strong, mighty woman of God <3 u lead us in decor team n i cant see an "invisible" girl in u :) xoxo

 
At 1:17 PM, Blogger tephiee said...

Thank you Yumi for your encouragement and support! I'm learning alot and I think that's all one can do! =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home